Sunday, July 11, 2010

Shanghai, Cont.

Well, not much to say here... I've been enjoying my time in Shanghai, meeting people and checking out the markets, getting some clothes made,...on Wednesday I am taking a trip to Guilin and Yangshuo, floating in a bamboo raft down the Li River, through the stone mountains and terraced rice patties...I'm very excited for that...then when I return I will have a little more than one week left.. It is raining today, which kind of ruined my plans to explore the French Concession, and its supposed to rain for the next few days as well...so hopefully when I return from the west I will have a chance to check that out as well as some other neighborhoods and the EXPO again. Bennett got his EXPO pass (he will be volunteering at the Peruvian Pavilion) and will be working tomorrow (Monday), so I'm going to go tomorrow afternoon/evening, regardless of the weather, and check out the pavilions for the Americas and any others I missed, as well as the corporate pavilions. Hopefully Bennetts pass will get us in past the lines..and I'm looking forward to being there at night.. I want to see all the structures lit up and the shows that go on, plus it will be cooler, temperature wise. Fewer people too, maybe.

What to do today though? Later this evening I am going with Bennett to meet a Chinese family that lives in his building. He tutors the 12 year old daughter once or twice a week in English. I want to check it out and also the girl really likes animals and said she wants to see my pictures from Africa, so I made a special slide show for that. Then we're going to meet up with some people and watch the World Cup Final! I wish it wasnt so late (I think its starting at 2 am? 2:30?) but I think it will be fun...

What else...Ive been making tiny tiny bits of progress with my Chinese... though its not really necessary here, which is nice.

Ok then, I guess we'll see what happens when I get to Guangxi!

No comments:

Post a Comment